“You ain't gettin' no cobbler Mr. Hearst . . . 'till I get my hands on those boots"
Please enjoy this simple peach cobbler recipe inspired by the fantastically written, criminally underrated, and cut-way-too-short HBO Show Deadwood. I will hold my antlers high in the sky hoping to bring to reality the swirling rumors of a movie finally happening. Long live 'Swegen' as one of the best characters ever created for TV! In addition to Aunt Lou's recipe enjoy this clip with show creator David Milch – it's long but worth it, the man's a genius.
- 5 cups peeled, sliced peaches
- 2 cups sugar, divided
- 1/2 cup water
- 8 tablespoons butter
- 1 1/2 cups self-rising flour
- 1 1/2 cups milk
- Ground cinnamon, optional
- GARNISH: Mint Sprigs, optional
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F.
- ICombine the peaches, 1 cup sugar, and water in a saucepan and mix well. Bring to a boil and simmer for 10 minutes. Remove from the heat.
- Put the butter in a 3-quart baking dish and place in oven to melt.
- Mix remaining 1 cup sugar, flour, and milk slowly to prevent clumping. Pour mixture over melted butter. Do not stir. Spoon fruit on top, gently pouring in syrup. Sprinkle top with ground cinnamon, if using. Batter will rise to top during baking. Bake for 30 to 45 minutes.
- To serve, scoop onto a plate and serve with your choice of whipped cream or vanilla ice cream.