Skip to the content
- 1 pound small potatoes, like baby Yukon Golds or fingerlings
- 4 tablespoons olive oil
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- Salt and freshly ground black pepper, to taste
- Italian parsley, finely chopped
- Preheat the oven to 350°F. Thoroughly scrub the potatoes and arrange them on a parchment-lined baking sheet. Bake for 20 minutes or until they are tender enough to pierce with a fork, but not browned. Let the potatoes rest for 10 minutes or until they are cool enough to handle.
- Turn the oven up to 450°F. Using the bottom of a plate, a sturdy rocks glass, or measuring cup, smash the potatoes with firm, downward pressure. Squish each potato to about 3/4-inch thick. They will crack and split, but they should, for the most part, stay in one piece.
- Brush or drizzle generously with olive oil, sprinkle with minced garlic, and place back in the oven. Bake until crispy and golden brown, about 15 minutes.
- Sprinkle with salt, pepper, and parsley, and try not to eat the whole pan by yourself.