Southern Pimento Cheese
· 3 oz. cream cheese
· 1 cup mayonnaise
· ½ tsp. Worcestershire sauce
· 1 tsp. chopped green onion
· 1⁄8 tsp. cayenne pepper
· 8 oz. extra-sharp white Vermont cheddar cheese, finely grated
· 8 oz. sharp yellow cheddar cheese, finely grated
· 4-oz. jar pimentos, drained and finely diced
· Hot sauce to taste
Place cream cheese, mayonnaise, Worcestershire sauce, green onion and cayenne in the bowl of a food processor. Process until smooth. Add extra-sharp and sharp cheese and pulse a few times, just until the shredded cheese and mayonnaise mixture is well blended. The mixture should not be completely smooth.
Scrape the cheese mixture into a bowl and stir in the diced pimentos. Add hot sauce to taste, cover and chill for a few hours to allow flavors to blend.